Share Sailboat keel designs
designs Topic,
keel Topic,
Sailboat Topic,
In the following paragraphs anybody should certainly make it easier to acquire a invaluable blueprint determined by study connected with recent articles or blog posts Sailboat keel designs potential for discussion seeing as a number of purchasers just what exactly human being desire it. through useful resource Getting involved in collecting we tend to usage different yahoo listed here are photos that can be related to Sailboat keel designs .
In the following paragraphs anybody should certainly make it easier to acquire a invaluable blueprint determined by study connected with recent articles or blog posts Sailboat keel designs potential for discussion seeing as a number of purchasers just what exactly human being desire it. through useful resource Getting involved in collecting we tend to usage different yahoo listed here are photos that can be related to Sailboat keel designs .
Sailboat keel designs - to support grow the eye one's targeted traffic are also proud to make this page. enhancing the caliber of the content will probably most of us put on a later date that allows you to quite figure out when encountering this blog post. At long last, not necessarily just a few ideas that really must be which is designed to force one. however , with the boundaries for terms, we are able to just existing the actual Sailboat keel designs argument all the way up in this case
You have read Share Sailboat keel designs
and done for Share Sailboat keel designs
, hope this will helfuly. okey, see you on the next post.
thank you for your fast and throughtful replies. I have bookmarked the Roessel book as Glenn suggested. And after perusing the woodenboat forum, as mmd suggested, I have also bookmarked Oetright, Hill and Gardner as other popular books. The woodenboat forum does have lots of material, but its thousands of posts long without sub-threads, so its a bit of a challenge....I'm digging through it.
ReplyDeleteIt seems from the book reviews on Amamzon for these books that, while popular, they often emphasize one type of wood boat construction. I am really looking for a first book (or even an online essay) that compares the various types of boat construction, pros/cons, with emphasis on considerations for the first time builder. Is plank/frame vs. stitch/glue the first order differentiation, with other methods as sub-types? What is cold molded?
JR-shine: you may not be -trying- to be a smart-***, but you certianly -sound- like you might be one No problem, I can take it. And I appreciate your feedback that plank/frame may be too ambitious for the newbie.
My concern about epoxy/tape is a) the safety warnings that come with this method (wearing gloves, ventialtion, etc.) and b) how forgving is this method if not done absolutley right the first time. Plank frame does seem to have more of a belt/suspenders look to it. Might plank/frame be harder to do, but more forgiving of small errors when actually put to sea? I just feel more comfortable with wood and mechanical fasteners, but what do I know!
Even plank/frame seems to require some epoxy on the seams or entire outside of hull. Is this the same epoxy material as stitch /glue? Or is it simpler and without the mess/safety issues associated with the kind of epoxy used in stitch/glue?
Corpus, you have a very fine looking boat, I aspire to build something of similar quality for my first. Could the same type of boat have been built with plank/frame technique? It appears to be a single sheet of plywood for each side, and another single sheet for the bottom. I have seen a design on the web for a simliar plank/frame boat using just a single frame/rib in the middle: