Fog

Fog Topic,

Several days of rain have left the clouds exhausted and they have settled to the ground and blanketed the big lake making it a world of its own.
Paddling north I occasionally see common landmarks, but I stay far enough out from shore that the hillsides are dark gray-green shadows. Those shadows reference the great towering forest that once defined this land. A wind, a cold wind blows lightly out of the north. It is chilly. I scare up buffleheads every couple hundred yards, their whistling flight song reaching me before I can see them, and after a glimpse, they disappear. Turning the point into Union Bay I find calmer waters and a dense flock of mixed ducks without any coots. Some of them are the blockheaded ringnecks - blockhead is how I remember the identification of a ringneck. As I sit and warm my fingers, I drift slowly towards the largest beaver lodge. A heron flies into view and perches and a dozen ducks carefully maintain their distance from me. It is cold and I head off to the NE lagoon to explore.


You have read Fog

and done for Fog, hope this will helfuly. okey, see you on the next post.

you have reading article Fog may you share with the permalink https://kayakcanoeplan.blogspot.com/2015/02/fog.html hope this topic can make you know more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PDF How to build a cantilever boat lift

Bark Canoes in Arnhem Land Australia

A date in Lucca with some very professional KILLERS