More Rain
More Topic,
Rain Topic,
It is calm, although not so calm as it appears. Thick gray overcast makes the water appear like spring ice, the last vestiges of a frozen lake when the surface is more slush than solid. But this is not ice.
It rains the whole day without let up and I head south along the shore of the big lake, just to do something different. I take few photos because it seems to be a trip to be inside my head and in this direction, the big lake is not so much for the eye. I pass flocks of buffleheads every so often and also some common megansers, cormorants and farther out in the lake, small grebes. After a few miles, I return and pass my starting point to head north to the east marsh to see something natural and beautiful. The wind picks up when I am just short of the east channel of the burial island. Ducks are beginning to find protected places to sit out the evening.
It is calm, although not so calm as it appears. Thick gray overcast makes the water appear like spring ice, the last vestiges of a frozen lake when the surface is more slush than solid. But this is not ice.
It rains the whole day without let up and I head south along the shore of the big lake, just to do something different. I take few photos because it seems to be a trip to be inside my head and in this direction, the big lake is not so much for the eye. I pass flocks of buffleheads every so often and also some common megansers, cormorants and farther out in the lake, small grebes. After a few miles, I return and pass my starting point to head north to the east marsh to see something natural and beautiful. The wind picks up when I am just short of the east channel of the burial island. Ducks are beginning to find protected places to sit out the evening.You have read More Rain
and done for More Rain, hope this will helfuly. okey, see you on the next post.
Comments
Post a Comment